PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Monday, June 14, 2010

Red's Off to the Yarra Valley

Well I’ve just watched Australia get carved up 4-0 by Germany in the World Cup, but I can console myself with the fact that the missus and I are off to Melbourne and the Yarra Valley for a few days at the end of this week. This will be my first trip to the Yarra and I’m really looking forward to it. While I’ve had a reasonable amount of Yarra Valley wine over the years, it’s not a wine region that I feel especially familiar or knowledgeable about, and at present, apart from some Hoddles Creek wine, it is not very well represented in my cellar.

With many Yarra wineries having released their 08 reds, it seems from most reviews that it’s actually looking like a better than expected vintage, so I’m looking forward to trying a lot of these wines. The 2010 vintage has also had very good early reports, so it will be interesting to get a sense of exactly how these wines are shaping up.

Can’t wait til I get down there!

Red

No comments:

 
Blog Design by: Designer Blogs