PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

1999 Seppelt St Peters Shiraz




The Grampians has come to be one of my favourite wine regions. Clayfield, Best’s, Mount Langi, and Seppelt all produce Shiraz that I love. The 1999 Seppelt St Peters just adds to this love affair, and has me very encouraged about the younger Grampians Shiraz I have in the cellar.


This wine was consumed over a superb dinner at Fix St James in Sydney.

It has a beautiful bouquet that is very much of the Grampians. Aromas of plums, earth, spice, and pepper, and I was quite happy just smelling it for a few minutes before taking my first sip. On the palate it is silky and voluptuous while not being quite full bodied. The aromas of the nose carry through on to the palate, along with a nice lick of liquorice. There is still plenty of primary fruit, and with the supporting structure and balance of the wine, I’d suggest it still has at least 5 years ahead of it, and possibly a lot longer. A lovely example of an aged Grampians Shiraz.

Details
Rated:


RRP: $60
ABV: 14.0%
Website: www.greatwestern.com.au


Red

No comments:

 
Blog Design by: Designer Blogs