PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

2012 Montalto Pennon Hill Pinot Grigio (Mornington Peninsula)


I’m really enjoying this Pinot Grigio . . . words I rarely say, but words I nevertheless found myself saying while drinking this wine. To further confound the natural order of things I found myself preferring it to Montalto’s 2012 Pennon Hill Chardonnay. At this point I asked my wife to take my temperature, but apparently nothing was amiss and this is just a really good Pinot Grigio.

Yes it tastes of pears and apples, but it’s in no way sweet or overt, and instead I kept thinking that this is a Riesling lover's Grigio. It’s great with seafood. It’s minerally and textural and has the kind of cleansing acidity I like. It finishes with good length and overall has a lovely sense of balance. Clean lines but a real quality to it. It got better over the course of a few days as well.

Rated:



RRP: $25
Closure: Screwcap
Drink: 2013-2018
Website: www.montalto.com.au


Red

No comments:

 
Blog Design by: Designer Blogs