PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Guerrieri Rizzardi Prosecco – NV - $30







The bottle says “extra dry” on the label, and I’m pleased to say the wine lived up to its claim. This dryness is a characteristic I love in many Prosecco’s that I have tried.


Guerrieri Rizzardi is a winery near Bardolino in the Veneto wine region in Italy. The wine’s colour is a very light gold, and is possibly the lightest coloured Prosecco that I can remember seeing. Its nose is not particularly intense, but it has citrus aromas and a hint of yeast. It’s on the palate, however, that this wine has its real appeal. It’s dry, crisp, savoury and refreshing. It has reasonable length and a nice aftertaste. It’s the kind of sparkling wine that I want to drink most of the time. Yum!



Red

No comments:

 
Blog Design by: Designer Blogs